Today is a big day for Autodesk Research – and the Dasher team, in particular – in that the path started back in 2009 has now led to Autodesk Tandem integrating core IoT-centric capabilities in their production digital twin offering.
Congratulations to my old Dasher colleague, Hali Larsen, and the rest of the Tandem team! This is all really exciting. :-)
(For more information about the historical connection between Dasher and Tandem, this post from back in January might be helpful.)
But anyway – today is all about Tandem. The feature is looking really good, presumably at least partly thanks to feedback from the Tandem Beta community, who have had access to it since the end of January:
I’m really excited about the work that’s been done around connecting in data streams coming from building systems, too: something we always wanted to get to with Dasher, at some point.
Here’s some information about this new release from Jessica Smith’s forum post:
The Autodesk Tandem team is excited to announce the release of new capabilities for those building digital twins or operating facilities.
With this exciting addition to Autodesk Tandem, users will see the new Streams panel in their facilities and have access to timeseries data storage in the cloud, new APIs, and various updates to existing Tandem features as summarized below.
For more detailed help on this feature, please visit the Facility Monitoring page on Tandem’s Autodesk Knowledge Network Site.
Features to get excited about with this release:
- New Streams capabilities
- Create connections to IoT sensors, devices, or other cloud-connected systems.
- Bulk create connections for high-volume facilities
- Classify connections
- Define relationships between Connection, host asset, rooms, and systems
- Understand the context for your data with the display of Stream pins in the viewer
- New Charts panel
- Review historic time series data
- Date range selection
- Filter charts based on parameters
- New Heatmap in the Viewer, accessed by opening Streams Panel or toggle in Viewer toolbar
- Time-series data storage
- 14-day Time Series History for the Free tier
- 3 Years Time Series History for the Standard tier
- Rest API documentation on public GitHub
- Stream Stubs in Testbed app on GitHub
The Tandem team has done a great job of providing a streamlined user experience around connecting to and displaying IoT data inside a 3D model, as you can see from the video on this page. This is a huge achievement.
If you’ve ever been interested in working with Dasher, over the years, then now would be a great time to look at Tandem!